$0
$1500

Spring Hill Sweeps SIAC Weekly Tennis Awards

The Spring Hill College men’s and women’s tennis teams swept the SIAC Tennis Player of the Week awards, with Tom Gutermann being named the Men’s Tennis Player of the Week and Brooke Powers taking Women’s Tennis Player of the Week, the league announced Wednesday.

This is the second time this season that Spring Hill has swept the weekly conference honors. Gutermann earned the first SIAC weekly award of his career.

Gutermann clinched the match point on the No. 1 court (2-6, 6-4, 10-6) for the Badgers against Doane on Monday. With the singles win, he improved to an 8-4 record so far this season. He won his doubles match with partner Paul-Philipp Kernin the No. 1 spot. He now sits at a 7-4 record in doubles play this season.

Powers garnered her second weekly accolade of the season. She continued her freshman campaign with another singles win (6-1, 6-0) on the No. 3 court and a doubles win (6-3) on the No. 1 court against Doane on Monday. She now stands at 11-2 in singles and 9-5 in doubles this year.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill Athletics, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCBADGERS (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbadgers (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com