$0
$1500

Badgers Boil Seafood for Sixth Year in a Row

Maddie Bouck
Students enjoying crawfish at CPB’s sixth annual Seafood Boil

Campus Programming Board hosted the sixth annual seafood boil for community members to indulge on campus on April 18. 

Spring Hill College offered its students an “all you can eat” seafood boil to kick off the crawfish season and celebrate the end of the spring semester. Campus Programming Board started this event six years ago, and this year it was hosted on McKinney’s patio for all students to attend in the comfort of their campus. 

Campus Programming Board was able to decorate McKinney’s patio to make it feel like a real southern-style seafood boil. Purple and white checkered tablecloths and loads of crawfish covered each table for students to sit at. 

Director for The Center of Student Involvement, Rapunizal Boykin, shared how they prepared for this annual event. “We take a couple weeks to prepare for it, get in quotes from different vendors to decide what we want to do. This year we had an increase in price with crawfish, but we wanted to do it anyway,” Boykin stated. 

This event was advertised to all students, faculty members, and the Spring Hill community in the hope of hosting another successful event. Professor Ryan Noble and Dr. Don Culberson were also in attendance to enjoy some time and fresh crawfish with their students. 

Senior Colin Darby shared that he has attended the campus seafood boil for the last four years.  “Although the crawfish is really good, my favorite thing here is the corn,” Darby stated.

This year students were required to pay $7 for unlimited precooked crawfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn, and sausage. Thanks to the help of the president of the Campus Programming Board, DiMya Evans, this was all made possible. Evans stated, “Once we got a crawfish dealer, I guess it got a little bit easier from there. All we needed was a little bit of manpower to set up and people came and they’re eating.”  

Campus Programing Board and The Center for Student Involvement plan to continue hosting this event for years to come. The goal is to have this event during common hour to result in more students and faculty members being able to enjoy this annual event. 

For more information on Campus Programming Board events, visit Instagram @shccpb or email CPB President DiMya Evans at [email protected]