$0
$1500

Serving It Up to Clench SIAC Championship Win

Mens+Tennis+player+Luke+Tucker+returns+a+ball+during+practice+
Nick Watts
Men’s Tennis player Luke Tucker returns a ball during practice

The Men’s tennis team is attempting to serve up a perfect record in their conference this season.

With the Men’s tennis teams regular season coming to a close the team has seen unprecedented success inside the conference. The team has an impressive undefeated record in singles play within the SIAC conference. Accompanying this statistic is a bolstering 12-0 against conference opponents, as well as clenching the conference earlier in the season. With this year’s success in the conference, it marks the fifth year in a row the team has clenched the SIAC conference under coach John Dotson.

Dotson reflected on the success of the team and said, “Getting better athletes, recruiting, I’ve done a good job of assembling talent. The senior leadership has been great.”

Dotson is no stranger to success, as he is a Birmingham Southern College alum in 1984 when the team was ranked seventh in the nation for NAIA. He has been with Spring Hill for 11 seasons, and with the members of the team, acquired a top 50 ranking in preseason polls this season.

The team’s co-captain Charles Wallace stated, “This is definitely the strongest team we’ve had so far in my time at Spring Hill, which is great to see. We’ve had some new additions this year, and we have a great No. 1, Philip Bosman
who transferred from South, so definitely the strongest No. 1 we’ve had.”

Philip Bosman was the No. 1 player in Alabama on the USTA and HEAD recruiting list coming out of high school. He currently has an overall record of 11-4 on the season as the number 1 player for Spring Hill.

Co-captain Paul-Philip Kern stated, “It’s a very friendly atmosphere. I mean we start off the season with the team meeting, one with coach, and also one without coach. And we always talk about all the rules we have, and what we expect from each other.”

The tennis team has many players, not just from the United States but also from Spain, Germany, France, England, Brazil, Puerto Rico, and Australia.

The team won the conference tournament in 2023 and Paul-Philip Kern stated, “I think this year we have an even better chance to win it.”

The Men’s tennis team was able to capture the SIAC championship this season accomplishing one more milestone for the Men’s Tennis program.

To follow the tennis team’s season, they can be found on shcbadgers.com under the men’s tennis tab.