Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Sandy Badgers Spoil Rams’ Senior Night

The Spring Hill College beach volleyball team went to the UM Sand Volleyball Courts on Tuesday and defeated crosstown rival Mobile, 4-1, on its senior night.

The Sandy Badgers (14-14) capped off its regular season with a rivalry win on the road. The victory marked the ninth-straight against the Rams (7-10, 4-6 Sun) in the all-time series (9-0) and the third of the season.

Isabella Muti and Cassidy Granger (21-9, 21-8) started things off with a win on the No. 5 court. Ashlyn Whiteside and Jaylyne Bell (21-12, 21-13) captured a win in the No. 3 flight.

Elizabeth Hardouin and Emily Weinzapfel (22-20, 21-12) battled to the clinching victory on court No. 4. Ally Lane and Linnea Beger (15-21, 21-18, 15-10) finished things up in the No. 1 spot with a three-set victory.

Match Details
Date: April 2
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): UM Sand Volleyball Courts (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 4, Mobile 1
Records: Spring Hill (14-14), Mobile (7-10, 4-6 Sun)
1. Ally Lane / Linnea Beger (SHC) def. Dazsha Dean / Lexi Gillette (MOB) | 15-21, 21-18, 15-10
2. Aspen Adams / Layton Adams (MOB) def. Lily Mascari / Mia Saavedra (SHC) | 21-17, 21-13
3. Ashlyn Whiteside / Jaylyne Bell (SHC) def. Gabby Sheffield / Emma Hampton (MOB) | 21-12, 21-13
4. Elizabeth Hardouin / Emily Weinzapfel (SHC) def. Jordan Wood / Emma Todd (MOB) | 22-20, 21-12
5. Isabella Muti / Cassidy Granger (SHC) def. Tatum Beech / Emily Osborne (MOB) | 21-9, 21-18
Order of finish: (5, 3, 4, 2, 1)

Up Next
The AVCA Small College Beach Championship is scheduled for April 12-14 in Tavares, Fla.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill beach volleyball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvolleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com