$0
$1500

Badger Alumni Celebrate First Year in Business

Mac Spiller
Patrons enjoying the festivities at BoHayden’s for the first year anniversary

Spring Hill College alumni turned local business entrepreneurs celebrated BoHayden’s Bar, their business, one year anniversary this past Saturday on St. Louis Street in downtown Mobile.

BoHayden’s Sports Bar celebrated their grand opening in 2023 with owners and alumni, Beau Monterio and Hayden Constantine. The 2 alumni graduated from Spring Hill in 2021 with a dream to open up a bar one day. On campus, both owners were presidents of their fraternities. Monterio, an International Business and Account major, was president of Lambda Chi Alpha and Constantine, a Marketing and Business major, was president of Sigma Chi. After graduation Beau Monterio found new inspiration to kick start their dream again. “Originally when Hayden and I were in college, we always kind of talked about opening a bar in Mobile. But it got to a point where when we graduated, I went to Chicago and Hayden stayed down here.” Monterio continued, “When I was up in Chicago, golf simulator bars were killing it. Everyone got into golf, and it was a huge ordeal so we were like why not start it in Mobile. People in Mobile love to drink, love to golf, let’s just do it here. Why
not us?” However, in one year that whole model changed. In place of the original golf simulators, a stage was built for live bands and televisions for customers to watch a variety of sports were added. As Monterio reflected on this past year, he stated, “It’s been a crazy year in review but our first original idea was golf simulators so whether they stunk or not I’ll always be thankful for them.”

The celebration kicked off at 11a.m. on Saturday, April 20, with a full day of live band performances and all-you-can- eat crawfish. As drinks were served and crawfish was eaten, memories were shared and more were made. Members of the Bohaydens staff, Natalie Sullivan and Meghan Johnson stated, “There is great live music, and all of our friends meet here. It always makes for a good fun night.” Johnson continued, “I love the BoHaydens atmosphere because all the people that started coming here have become regulars and honestly, become all of our family. We hang out with each other all the time and it’s people I would have never met before.”

BoHayden’s has also been the host for many Spring Hill College alumni events such as the Mardi Gras Alumni party in February. With this growing popularity Monterio said, “Right now we have plans to redo our courtyard to become an indoor and outdoor area. There are plans to build a kitchen back there. We have all these plans on what we want to do to improve this building.”

To keep up with BoHayden’s and all the events they have each month, follow them on Instagram @bohaydensbar. The sports bar is located on 662 Saint Louis Street.