$0
$1500

Living In The Deep South Is The Best!

The Library of Congress
Downtown Mobile skyline viewed from the bay

I think the South is the best place to live. If you are into a slow and steady paced life, living in the south will be the place for you. Most people move to the south because it is not like other places in the U.S. The weather year round is
almost always warm and sunny. The people in the South are friendly and very welcoming.

The South is known for its diversity of cuisine foods such as, African-American soul food, which usually includes chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, baked beans and cornbread Creole Native-American foods, such as crawfish boils, shrimp etouffee, and sausage creole jambalaya are also found in the South.

There are all genres of music in the South, but this region is known for jazz music from New Orleans, its soul music from Memphis, and of course its country music rooted in Alabama. Music brings people together, especially when it comes to line dances at events. Everyone is running to get together to have a great time. In certain areas of cities, there will be local musicians playing on the side of the streets and people often gather around to enjoy the tunes.

Another reason why living in the south is the best is because of the weather, especially if you love the warm seasons. When the weather is nice, people love going to the beach to soak up some sun. The beaches are one of the more beautiful places to go and have fun at during the spring and summer in the
South. Places like Panama City Beach in Florida, Gulf Shores in Alabama, and Myrtle Beach in South Carolina are popular beaches in the South. Most people grew up going to these beaches where some families spend their summer vacations.

Cost of living in the South is very affordable compared to other regions of the United States. Mississippi is ranked 1 for affordable living, Alabama is ranked 2, and Kentucky is ranked 3. Most people move to these states to settle down and start families. The southern states are more slow paced, unlike states like New York or California.

I was born and raised in the South, specifically Birmingham, Alabama. There is nothing southern like a outhern barbeque on a sunny day.