Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Sweep Doubleheader; Clinch Series Against Benedict

The Spring Hill College baseball team swept the doubleheader and clinched the conference series against Benedict at Sims-Galle Field on Sunday.

Jack Taylor led the Badgers (14-8, 10-1 SIAC) while going 3-for-6 with two RBI and two runs scored, including a home run in the second game.

Toran Smith opened scoring in the opening frame of the first game with an RBI single through the right side. Benedict (7-6, 6-5 SIAC) quickly responded with a home run to center in the third inning and tied the game at 1-1.

Spring Hill regained the lead in the fifth inning by scoring two runs. The Tigers brought the game back within a run (4-3) with three more runs in the sixth inning.

SHC went on a 4-0 run over the course of the sixth and seventh innings to extend its lead. Spring Hill held on to win 8-4 in the first game.

Kai St. Germaine (4-1) tossed 6.0 innings while striking out six batters and only giving up a pair of earned runs. Bryce Coe earned his first career save after pitching 2.0 innings and sitting three batters down.

In game two, Benedict opened scoring in the fifth inning before Taylor sent a no-doubt home run over the left field wall and tied the game at 1-1.

Spring Hill stacked on two more runs to take the lead and ensure the 3-1 victory that clinched the SIAC series.

Landen Harris (2-0) came in relief and took the win on the mound, only giving up a single hit.

Game Details
Date: March 10
Time: 1/4 p.m.
Venue (Location): Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 8, Benedict 4

Spring Hill 3, Benedict 1
Records: Spring Hill (14-8, 10-1 SIAC), Benedict (7-6, 6-5 SIAC)

Up Next
First pitch for the series finale is scheduled for Monday at 1 p.m.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com