$0
$1500

Badgers Run Rule Tigers in SIAC Opener

The Spring Hill College baseball team started SIAC play with a 15-4 run-rule victory over Edward Waters at Howard Roey Field on Thursday evening.

Nick Hunter went 3-for-2 and walked twice in the conference opener while extending his reached base streak to eight games. Spring Hill’s 15 runs and five doubles marked season highs for the team.

The Badgers got to work early, taking a 4-0 lead by the third inning and extending it to 5-0 by the fifth. Edward Waters answered with three runs in the fifth and made it 5-3.

SHC answered the Tiger rebuttal with a 4-0 run in the sixth inning, taking a 9-3 lead. EWU scored on an error in its half of the sixth inning, before Spring Hill piled on six more runs to get to the final score of 15-4 in seven innings.

Evan Langston (1-0) pitched 4.2 innings and struck out six batters in his first victory on the mound this season.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 15
Time: 6 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Howard Roey Field (Jacksonville, Fla.)

Results
Spring Hill 15, Edward Waters 4
Records: Spring Hill (2-5, 1-0 SIAC), Edward Waters (4-3, 0-1 SIAC)

Up Next
Spring Hill will finish the conference-opening series against Edward Waters with a doubleheader on Friday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com