$0
$1500

SHC Sends out NSSE and DEII Surveys

This semester, members of the SHC marketing team are asking students to participate in two very important surveys. The first survey is the National Student Survey of Engagement (NSSE). This survey is for first-year and senior students. Last year, SHC had 123 graduating seniors and first-year students participate. An email was sent to all students with last year’s results on January 31. They are hoping to have even more students participate this year. Speak up and use your voice to bring about positive change for you and your peers! 

The NSSE survey takes about 15 minutes to complete, and if students respond by Thursday, May 2, 2024, they will have the opportunity to win one of 11 prizes. Prizes include one lucky senior who will win 8 reserved seats for family/friends at commencement and 10 lucky students who will win a $25 Amazon gift card. The chances of winning depend on how many students complete the survey. The first invitation to participate will be sent directly from NSSE via email on February 26. Participation is voluntary and responses are anonymous. 

The second survey is the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Institutionalization (DEII) Survey. The first invitation to participate will be sent to all SHC students, all SHC staff members, and all SHC faculty directly from [email protected] on February 27. This survey was designed entirely to determine the state of the sense of belonging on the SHC campus. The marketing team will use the results to identify needs, create programming, and inform policy on campus. 

The DEII Survey takes about 15 minutes and the college will receive the report in August 2024.