$0
$1500

Badgers Fall on Senior Day to Magicians

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team fell 73-64 on its senior day to Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe LeMoyne-Owen at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Saturday.

Marta Duda notched her sixth double-double of the season and second against LeMoyne-Owen with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Duda’s performance led the game and was highlighted by her 9-for-15 shooting performance and 100 percent (2-2) free throw shooting.

Spring Hill took the lead immediately after tip off and held it through the opening minutes of play. The Magicians were able to take the lead for the remainder of the first quarter and escaped with a 16-11 lead at the end of the opening period.

LeMoyne-Owen held the lead through the entire second quarter despite the Badgers having their best shooting from beyond the arc (3-6). SHC cut the Magician lead to as little as three points by the start of the fourth quarter.

The late efforts were not enough and Spring Hill suffered the 73-64 loss on its senior day at home.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 10
Time: 2 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
LeMoyne-Owen 73, Spring Hill 64
Records: LeMoyne-Owen (10-11,8-9 SIAC), Spring Hill (4-15,4-11 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Dan Presel
On the game
“Tough loss on senior day.  We really got off to a bad start and put ourselves into a big hole. Credit to our players for fighting to get us back into the game. Proud of the character we showed to get close. Our margin for error has been really small this season. We are still looking to put four really good quarters of basketball together.  We have to continue to work to get there.”

Up Next
The Badgers will host Lane in their final home game of the season on Monday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com