Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Split Doubleheader with Statesmen

The Spring Hill College baseball team split the first two games of the series, 6-0 and 9-5, with Delta State in Friday’s doubleheader at Sims-Galle Field.

Nick Hunter extended his reached base streak to six games while batting in a run, tallying a hit, crossing the plate and walking twice during the non-conference doubleheader. Norris McClure extended his hitting streak to three games.

Delta State shutout Spring Hill in the opening game of the series, 6-0. The Badgers were able to record five hits during the game.

In the second game of the series, the Badgers got on the board behind the Statesmen, 4-1, in the second inning on an error by the pitcher. Then, SHC took off on an 8-0 run through the fifth inning that was highlighted by a three-run home run by Jack Taylor.

Spring Hill secured the 9-5 victory in game two and forced the decision to come down to the rubber match on Saturday afternoon.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 10
Time: 3 p.m. / 5:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Historic Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Delta State 6, Spring Hill 0

Spring Hill 9, Delta State 5
Records: Spring Hill (2-4, 0-0 SIAC), Delta State (2-3, 0-0 GSC)

They Said It
Head Coach Walker Bullington
On the game
“Split today with a really good ball club. We saw several really good arms today. Couldn’t get it going offensively in game one and they just beat us. Couldn’t be more proud of our response in game two. Went down early against a very good arm, lost some guys to injury and kept battling. A complete team win and some really good performances on the mound out of the pen. Have to come out tomorrow ready to go and repeat the same focus and energy that we ended with today.”

Up Next
Game three of the series is scheduled for Saturday, with first pitch at 2 p.m.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com