$0
$1500

Badgers Fall in Barn Burner Home Opener to Falcons

The Spring Hill College baseball team fell 14-12 in the 10th inning in its home opener to in-state foe Montevallo at Historic Sims-Galle Field on Tuesday.

The Falcons opened scoring with a pair of runs in the top of the first inning. The Badgers quickly answered in their half of the inning when Norris McClure smashed a two-run home run over the right field wall to make it 2-2.

The opening-inning scoring didn’t stop there; Jackson Bell stole home, followed by a two-run RBI by Parker Serio into left center field. Bryce Anderson and Ethan Valdez each brought a run home with their base hits, bringing the Badger lead to 7-2 by the end of the first inning.

Anderson and Nick Hunter both hit two-run RBI doubles in the second and extended the SHC lead to 11-2.

Montevallo went on a 10-1 run starting in the fifth inning and tied the game by the end of the ninth. A bunt RBI, followed by a RBI walk for the Falcons gave them the edge they needed to defeat the Badgers 14-12 in the 10th inning in their home opener.

Serio had himself a night with three hits, two runs and two RBI across six at-bats. Anderson led the team with four hits, three RBI and one run in five at-bats.

Montevallo’s Evan Liddie had a perfect night, going 5-5 at the plate with six runs and plating two RBI.

Bryce Coe (0-2) suffered the loss on the mound, while Chris Foster (1-1) came up with the win thanks to the save (1) from  Dawson Hargrove.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 6
Time: 3 p.m.
Venue (Location): Historic Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Montevallo 14, Spring Hill 12
Records: Montevallo (1-3, 0-0 GSC), Spring Hill (1-3, 0-0 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Walker Bullington
On the game
“Tough one. We have to learn from it. Great start offensively and then too many mistakes at the end and got beat by a good club. Doesn’t get easier this weekend with Delta State coming to town. Another good club and we will work to correct the things we need to get better at to close out games. We have a great group of players and we will continue to get better finishing games as a group.”

Up Next
Spring Hill will host Delta State in a three-game non-conference series starting on Friday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com