$0
$1500

Late SHC Comeback Not Enough to Overcome Miles

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team was defeated by Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Miles, 64-58, at Knox-Windham Gymnasium on Monday.

The Badgers trailed 12-9 to the Golden Bears through the first five minutes of play. Miles came into the game undefeated in conference (12-0) and divisional (6-0) play.

Shortly after, Claudia Garridocashed in two free throws to bring Spring Hill within one (12-11). The Golden Bears held on through the end of the first quarter, taking a 17-14 lead.

Spring Hill tied the game at 22-22 about halfway through the second quarter on a layup from Ariel Thompson. After trading the lead, Miles was able to push back ahead 33-28 by the halftime buzzer.

Despite generating 11 of their 16 points off turnovers and tying the quarter (17-17), the Badgers still trailed 50-45 going into the fourth quarter.

SHC cut the Golden Bear lead to as little as four points (62-58) in the final minute of play, but the late comeback efforts were not enough. Miles retained its league-leading spot, defeating Spring Hill 64-58.

Marta Duda led the Badgers with 15 points and six rebounds. Miles’ Imani Williams led the game with a double-double that featured 16 points and 10 rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Jan. 29
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Knox-Windham Gymnasium (Birmingham, Ala.)

Results
Miles 64, Spring Hill 58
Records: Miles (15-1, 13-0), Spring Hill (4-12, 4-8 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Dan Presel
On the game
“Credit goes to Miles. They’re undefeated in our league for a reason. We weren’t able to make enough of the good shots we got to be able to overcome them. Our kids have competed all year. I’m proud of the effort. We have to keep finding ways to improve.  We’re excited to get back to the Outlaw Rec Center for the three-game stretch.”

Up Next
The Badgers will return to the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Wednesday to host in-state conference rival Tuskegee.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com