$0
$1500

Badger Softball Announces 2024 Schedule

The Spring Hill College softball team announced its 2024 schedule on Tuesday, featuring 27 games at Murray Field.

The Badgers will begin their season in the same place as last year, the Gulf Shores Invitational. On Feb. 2, they will face Valdosta State (12:30 p.m.) and defending national champion North Georgia (3 p.m.).

The next day, Feb. 3, Spring Hill will take on Auburn Montgomery (10 a.m.) and West Georgia (3 p.m.). They will wrap up the season-opening invitational with games against West Alabama (10 a.m.) and Nova Southeastern (12:30 p.m.) on Feb. 4.

Four of the six teams Spring Hill will face in Gulf Shores were noted in the Preseason National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) Division II Top 25 Coaches Poll; (#1) North Georgia, (#5) Nova Southeastern, (RV) Auburn Montgomery and (RV) West Alabama.

SHC will return to Mobile on Feb. 9 and face cross-town rival Mobile at the UM Softball Field. The following day, Feb. 10, the Badgers will host the Rams at Murray Field in an afternoon doubleheader.

Mobile was recognized as the No. 1 team in the 2024 Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Preseason Coaches’ Poll.

On Feb. 16-17, the Badgers will play a three-game home series against in-state foe Montevallo.

Then, on Feb. 28, the team will hit the road to take on West Florida in a doubleheader. The Badgers will start the next week with a home doubleheader against West Alabama on March 5.

Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) play will start with a three-game road series at Tuskegee on March 9-10.

The SIAC Softball Crossover Tournament will be held from March 12-14 in Hoover, Ala., this year. Spring Hill will face Edward Waters, Clark Atlanta, Fort Valley State, Savannah State, Allen, Benedict and Albany State at the event.

Mississippi College will pay a visit Mobile on March 20 for an afternoon doubleheader.

Spring Hill will hop back on the road and into conference play on March 23-24 to face in-state SIAC foe Miles, before returning home for a three-game series against LeMoyne-Owen on April 6-7.

The Argonauts of West Florida will make a return trip to Murray Field for a doubleheader on April 10.

On April 13, the Badgers will travel to Frankfort, Ky., for a three-game conference series at Kentucky State. They will remain on the road on April 16 for their final non-conference games of the season at West Alabama.

Spring Hill will close out the regular season with a three-game conference series against Lane (April 20-21) on The Hill. April 20’s games has been noted as Senior Day for the Badgers.

The 2024 Cricket SIAC Softball Championship is scheduled for April 30-May 2. The NCAA South Regional is set for May 8-11.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill softball, follow the Badgers on social media @ShcSoftball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shc_softball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com