$0
$1500

Spring Hill Continues Win Streak at LeMoyne-Owen

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team extended its win streak to five games with an 89-87 win over Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe LeMoyne-Owen at the Bruce Hall/Johnson Gymnasium on Monday night.

The Badgers jumped ahead early with an 11-10 lead through the opening minutes of the game. Spring Hill’s biggest lead (35-22) of the half came on a layup by Steven Lyles with 6:29 left in the opening half.

SHC held on until the final minute of the half, when LeMoyne-Owen took the lead on a layup, followed by a fastbreak jumper. Bo Barber, who tallied a team-leading five assists with no turnovers, kept things level with a 3-pointer to close the half with a score of 43-43.

The Badgers came in clutch in the second half, scoring 12 of their 19 2nd-chance points, 23 of their 35 bench points and 10 of their 19 fast break points. Though the lead went back-and-forth to start, Spring Hill grinded and fought through to regain the lead with 4:32 on the clock.

After that, they never looked back and carried the lead all the way to the 89-87 road conference victory over the Magicians.

The Badgers had five scorers in double-figures; Walter Peggs Jr.(15), Isaiah Veal (14), Lyles (12) Eli Lenihan (11) and Ashton Hawkins (10). Timothy Reilly led the team with 10 rebounds on the night.

LeMoyne-Owen’s Philipps Josephs led the game with a 23-point and 12-rebound double-double.

Game Details
Date: Jan. 22
Time: 7:30 PM
Venue (Location): Bruce Hall/Johnson Gymnasium (Memphis, Tenn.)

Results
Spring Hill 89, LeMoyne-Owen 87
Records: Spring Hill (11-7, 8-4 SIAC), LeMoyne-Owen (6-12, 4-7 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“Good gracious but we find ways to make it interesting! All credit to LeMoyne-Owen, because they sure took it to us. I am super proud of the courage and grit we showed to pull this out. Luka Erdtmann was a warrior out there tonight! Isaiah Veal set the tone early when he drove the middle and dunked and we rallied behind that effort. Bo Barber was so solid today. Five assists and no turnovers, shot 40 percent and again has come through for his teammates with some big-time shots. Definitely going to be in the gym shooting free throws tomorrow.”

Up Next
Spring Hill will travel to face in-state conference rival Miles on Monday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com