$0
$1500

Spring Hill Falls at Savannah State

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team fell 71-54 to Savannah State in Monday night’s Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) contest at Tiger Arena.

Spring Hill held the lead until about halfway through the first half, when Savannah State evened things up at 19-19. The Tigers carried a 35-29 lead into the halftime break.

In the second half, the Badgers’ struggles continued with SSU keeping a double-digit gap most of the period. In the end, Savannah State prevailed and defeated Spring Hill 71-54 in its final game of the calendar year.

Isaiah Veal led SHC in scoring with 13 points and Steven Lyles led with five rebounds. SSU’s Ayjay Plain led the game in scoring with 17 points, while Qua King led with 11 rebounds in his double-double performance that also featured 16 points.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 18
Time: 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Tiger Arena (Savannah, Ga.)

Results
Savannah State 71, Spring Hill 54
Records: Savannah State (5-3, 3-1 SIAC), Spring Hill (6-6, 3-3 SIAC)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“Visions of sugar plums must have been dancing in our head, because basketball sure wasn’t. I know who is getting coal in their stocking and it sure wasn’t the Tigers of Savannah [State] after tonight. To be a really good team we have to be consistent and tonight we weren’t. We have had a good start to the season, but I hope this loss will leave a sour taste that will propel us forward in 2024.”

Up Next
The Badgers will pick back up in 2024 with a home game against Benedict on Jan. 4.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com