$0
$1500

SHC Falls to SSU on the Road

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team fell 62-43 to Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Savannah State at Tiger Arena on Monday evening.

The Badgers struggled early and fell behind the Tigers 16-9 through the first quarter. A second-quarter surge by SHC (16-13) cut SSU’s lead to 29-25 by halftime.

Shooting struggles crept back up on Spring Hill by the third quarter though, with the Badgers shooting 23 percent from the floor. Savannah State maintained its 47-34 lead through three quarters. In the end the Tigers defeated the Badgers 62-43 in their final contest of the calendar year.

Freshman guard Kellyn Hunter led SHC with 16 points while Marta Duda collected 11 rebounds. Savannah State’s Mya Byrd led the game in scoring with 19 points and Ta’Quasia Lampkin crashed the glass with 21 rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 18
Time: 5:30 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Tiger Arena (Savannah, Ga.)

Results
Savannah State 62, Spring Hill 43
Records: Savannah State (5-3, 3-2 SIAC), Spring Hill (2-7, 2-3 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will return to the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center to open 2024 against Benedict on Jan. 4.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com