Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Dominate Tigers on the Road

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team defeated Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Edward Waters, 103-85, at the Adams-Jenkins Community Sports & Music Complex on Saturday evening.

The win marked the first that the Badgers have scored at least 100 points in since January 4, 2020, when they defeated Paine, 118-107, in overtime at home.

Timothy Reilly and Walter Peggs Jr. scored 12 of the game’s first 20 points. Both contributed to the early 14-6 lead by the Badgers.

The Badgers continued with a 10-2 run and held a 24-10 lead through the next media break. Four different players; Peggs Jr., Steven Lyles, Isaiah Veal and Reilly joined in on the scoring run.

Spring Hill shot 64 percent from the floor, 50 percent from 3-point range and 82.4 percent from the free throw line on its way to a 51-30 halftime lead over Edward Waters.

An 11-8 run, led by Reilly, Peggs Jr. and Bo Barber, gave SHC a 62-41 lead by the first break in the second half. Spring Hill continued its dominance on the court all the way to a 103-85 win over Edward Waters.

The Badgers 103 earned points marked a season-high for the team. They also shot 55.2 percent from the floor, 47.6 percent from beyond the arc and 78.4 from the charity stripe in the road conference victory.

Peggs Jr. led the game in scoring with an outstanding 31 points and recorded a season-high nine rebounds. Reilly earned a career-high 20 points and 13 rebounds in his double-double performance.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 16
Time: 4 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Adams-Jenkins Community Sports & Music Complex (Jacksonville, Fla.)

Results
Spring Hill 103, Edward Waters 85
Records: Spring Hill (6-5, 3-2 SIAC), Edward Waters (3-8, 2-2 SIAC)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“The first half we won playing really pretty basketball. The second half we won playing with grit and mental toughness. Tim [Timothy Reilly] continues to take his game to another level. Zay [Isaiah Veal] and Bo [Barber] are becoming so steady and reliable and Walter [Peggs Jr.] scores like we breathe. It is unfortunate that the second half was the way it was, but our guys persevered and I am really proud of them for that.”

Up Next
The Badgers will finish the calendar year with a conference game at Savannah State on Monday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com