Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Fall to Crusaders at Home

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team fell 88-76 to regional NAIA foe William Carey at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Monday night.

The Badgers jumped ahead of the Crusaders early with a 7-2 lead by the first called timeout of the game at 7:11. William Carey came close, but Spring Hill led through the end of the first quarter, 18-17.

WCU opened scoring in the second quarter with a 3-pointer from Lauren Rowley and after a SHC turnover, jumped ahead 24-20 in the opening minutes. William Carey possessed a 28-23 lead by the media break and outscored Spring Hill (27-13) to take a 44-31 lead at halftime.

In the third quarter, the Badgers cut the Crusader lead down to single digits (50-42) by the first timeout. Shooting troubles snuck up on Spring Hill and William Carey held on to its 15-point lead through the third quarter.

In the end, SHC’s regional NAIA foe from Mississippi would prevail and hand the Badgers an 88-76 loss at home.

Freshman guard Kellyn Hunter led the game in scoring with a season-high 23 points. Tiana Smith crashed the glass and led Spring Hill with five rebounds. William Carey was led by Kolten Blakeney with 22 points and Leah Sutton, who led the game with seven rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 11
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
William Carey 88, Spring Hill 76
Records: William Carey (7-2, 1-2 SSAC), Spring Hill (2-5, 2-1 SIAC)

Up Next
SHC will resume conference play on the road at Edward Waters on Saturday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com