Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Peggs Jr. and Duda Repeat as SIAC Weekly Award Winners

For the second week in a row, Walter Peggs Jr. and Marta Duda earned Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) weekly honors, the league announced on Tuesday.

Peggs Jr. earned his third weekly honor in a row after being named Player of the Week last week and Newcomer of the Week the week prior. This is the second time the Jackson, Tenn., native has been named SIAC Player of the Week.

The junior guard, who is tied for the most 3-pointers made in the country across all divisions of the NCAA, led Spring Hill in scoring against Morehouse on Thursday with 13 points. On Saturday, he led scoring in a 94-93 win over undefeated Clark Atlanta with 36 points while shooting 11-19 from the floor and 8-14 from beyond the arc. His 36 points, 11 field goals and eight 3-pointers were all season highs.

He currently leads the league in field goals (48), points (156), 3-pointers per game (3.62) and total 3-pointers made with 29.

Duda was named the SIAC Player of the Week for the first time in her career after receiving Newcomer weekly honors last week.

She led the Badgers in scoring with 19 points alongside teammate Kellyn Hunter in Saturday’s 77-74 win over Clark Atlanta. The Polish native ranks second in the conference in double doubles (2) and free throws (21). The redshirt junior forward also sits at fourth in blocks (5), sixth in blocks per game, free throw percentage, points per game and defensive rebounds per game in the league.