$0
$1500

Badgers Beat Undefeated Panthers

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball beat an undefeated (6-0) Clark Atlanta squad, 94-93, in Saturday’s Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) game at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center.

The Badgers made the most of their appearance on HBCUGO Sports by beating the undefeated Panthers, who were ranked fourth in the South Region in the latest D2CSC Media Poll.

A closely-contested first half ended with a 42-40 Spring Hill lead. SHC leaped ahead early and maintained its lead in the second half with a 7-0 scoring run.

CAU closed the gap by the end, forcing the final decision to come down to a pair a free throws from Bo Barber, who hit both successfully. Spring Hill handed Clark Atlanta its first loss of the season in the 94-93 conference victory.

Barber wasn’t the only key player in the Badgers’ victory, Walter Peggs Jr. led the game in scoring with an incredible season-high 36 points. Freshman center Jayden Webley stepped up and led the game with seven rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 2
Time: 2:35 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 94, Clark Atlanta 93
Records: Spring Hill (5-4, 2-2 SIAC), Clark Atlanta (6-1, 0-1 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“We showed a lot of character, we fizzled a little at the end and let Clark Atlanta get back into it. Those twins [Elijah and Andrew Stewart] hit some big-time shots. I think Jayden Webley just continues to grow as a player all the time, his intelligence and communication. Being able to trust Jaden Emory, he came in and gave us big minutes. We’re down two starters from our original at the beginning of the year losing Steven Lyles and Luka Erdtmann. Rolontae Knowles came in and played huge minutes. Nobody has to be great on our team, everybody’s got to be consistently really really good and tonight I think we were against a really good Clark Atlanta team.”

Up Next
Spring Hill will take a trip down Old Shell Road to take on cross-town rival South Alabama in an exhibition on Saturday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com