Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Spring Hill Opens December with SIAC Win Over Clark Atlanta

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team opened December with a 77-74 win over Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Clark Atlanta at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Saturday.

The Badgers and Panthers made the most of their appearance on HBCUGO Sports by scoring in double figures in all four quarters. Clark Atlanta sprung ahead early with a 25-18 lead at the end of the first quarter. Spring Hill answered and outscored CAU in the second quarter (23-12) to take a 41-37 lead into the halftime break.

SHC kept their pace up and won the third quarter (21-19) to maintain its 62-56 lead through three quarters of play. Despite the Panthers winning the final quarter, the Badgers held them off and took the 77-74 conference victory.

Marta Duda and Kellyn Hunter led Spring Hill with a season-high 19 points and seven field goals apiece. Hunter also dished out a season-high six assists during the game and led the game with seven rebounds. Clark Atlanta’s Brooklyn McKinley led the game in scoring with 20 points.

Game Details
Date: Dec. 2
Time: 12:05 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 77, Clark Atlanta 74
Records: Spring Hill (2-4, 2-1 SIAC), Clark Atlanta (3-4, 0-2 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Dan Presel
On the game
“Our players have fought and played together since day one, complete credit to them. They’ve done everything we’ve asked, plus some. I’m happy for them, to get a big win and Clark Atlanta being ranked number one in the east. They’re a really good and super talented team. For us to come out on top, it says a lot about our kids, character and togetherness.”

Marta Duda (R-Jr., Guard)
On her performance
“I’m so happy, I feel like everyone did a great job. Everyone showed up and made a big difference to win this game.”

Up Next
The Badgers will host regional NAIA foe William Carey on December 11 at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com