$0
$1500

Badger Basketball Falls to Maroon Tigers

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team fell 95-61 to Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference foe Morehouse at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Thursday night.

Shooting troubles plagued Spring Hill early in the first half, which led to Morehouse jumping ahead to a 22-11 lead just over halfway through. The Maroon Tigers held on through the half and carried a 50-22 lead to halftime.

In the second half turnover trouble came early for the Badgers, leading to Morehouse’s first eight points of the half. In the end, the Maroon Tigers held their lead and defeated SHC 95-61.

Spring Hill was led by Walter Peggs Jr., who scored 13 points, and Jayden Webley, who grabbed seven rebounds off the glass. Morehouse’s Cedric Taylor III led the game in scoring with 20 points and Omar Rowe led with nine rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 30
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Morehouse 95, Spring Hill 61
Records: Morehouse (4-3, 2-0 SIAC), Spring Hill (4-4, 1-2 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“You have to give Morehouse all the credit. The knocked us from pillar to post and they couldn’t miss a shot and we couldn’t make one. When Steven Lyles went down, we lost our emotional compass. We have to regroup and get ready for a tough Clark Atlanta coming in here on Saturday. On the bright side Jayden Webley and Jorclay Kanikikeep getting better and better. We live to fight another day.”

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com