$0
$1500

Spring Hill Falls to No. 1 Tampa in NCAA First Round

The Spring Hill College volleyball team fell 3-0 to No. 1 Tampa (14-25, 16-25, 19-25) in the First Round of the 2023 NCAA Division II Women’s Volleyball Championship at the Bob Martinez Athletics Center on Thursday evening.

Spring Hill, who was the 8-seed in the regional, fell to the top-ranked South Regional host in straight sets while putting up a fight. With each set, the Badgers inched closer and closer, cutting down the Spartan lead. In the end, it was not enough as TU would come away with the 3-0 sweep over SHC.

Airyonna Weaver led the Badger offense with seven kills and Jessica Fairly helped with 17 assists. Kristen Mitternight (2), Mia Saavedra and Fairly each tallied at least one service ace. Freshman blocker Hayley Hillman led the defense with three blocks in tandem with Mikayla Boyer, who recorded 11 digs.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 30
Time: 5 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Bob Martinez Athletics Center (Tampa, Fla.)

Results
Tampa 3, Spring Hill 0
Records: Tampa (29-1, 19-1 SSC), Spring Hill (30-5, 19-0 SIAC)

For complete coverage of Spring Hill volleyball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvoleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com