$0
$1500

Badgers Bounce Back With Road Win at Fort Valley State

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team defeated SIAC foe Fort Valley State, 69-58, at the Health and Physical Education Complex on Monday night.

The Badgers started off shooting 42.8% from the floor and three-point arc in the first half on the way to a 37-22 halftime lead over the Wildcats. Spring Hill kept its foot on the gas, only allowing the lead to drop to single digits for a few minutes in the second half and defeated Fort Valley State 69-58 to close out its conference road trip in Georgia.

Walter Peggs Jr. led the game in scoring for the fourth time in a row with 20 points. Timothy Reilly crashed the glass and led his second consecutive game in rebounds with 10. This was the fifth game of the season that at least four Badgers were in double figures in scoring.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 27
Time: 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Health and Physical Education Complex (Fort Valley, Ga.)

Results
Spring Hill 69, Fort Valley State 58
Records: Spring Hill (4-3, 1-1 SIAC), Fort Valley State (1-6, 1-1 SIAC)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“This was a big win for us against a good team with a great home game environment. Our guys really rebounded, both literally and mentally, from our last game. This was a beautiful game for us in that different players took turns going on runs and our guys were so unselfish in letting each other go with the flow. Fort Valley made a tough run and cut it to three and our guys regrouped and took control. Today, Jayden Webley really took his game to another level. Proud of these guys and how they played.”

Up Next
The Badgers will return to the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center to host Morehouse in a conference contest on Thursday night.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com