$0
$1500

Badgers Fall to Golden Rams in SIAC Opener

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team fell 72-70 in overtime to Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Albany State at The Arena at West Campus on Saturday.

The Badgers held a 34-31 lead over the Golden Rams at halftime. ASU won the second half, but SHC kept things level at 63-63 through regulation time. In the end, Albany State came out on top after the overtime period, 72-70.

Walter Peggs Jr. led the game with 29 points on the night and Tim Reilly led with 13 rebounds. Reilly and Steven Lyles were in double figures in scoring with 10 points apiece. Albany State was led by Shakur Poteat, who recorded 25 points and 10 rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 25
Time: 4 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): The Arena at West Campus (Albany, Ga.)

Results
Albany State 72, Spring Hill 70
Records: Albany State (3-1, 1-0 SIAC), Spring Hill (3-3, 0-1 SIAC)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“This was a disappointing loss for us. Albany State was relentless in their pursuit of the ball. We played pretty tough to push the game to OT and had a chance to tie it up and go to double OT after a great play call by Bo Barber. We need to show better maturity in certain situations and when you are on the road we have to have not just second effort but third and fourth effort. Today Albany State and Coach Gayle bested us.”

Up Next
The Badgers will finish their conference-opening road swing at Fort Valley State.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com