Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Fall to Argos in Home Opener

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team fell 71-59 to regional foe West Florida in Wednesday night’s home opener at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center.

The Badgers and Argonauts went back-and-forth in the first quarter, but after the first 10 minutes, UWF led 15-13.  SHC lunged ahead 20-15 with a seven-point run to start the second quarter. West Florida answered again and ultimately took a 30-27 lead into halftime.

The Argos came out of the gates in the second half and went on an 11-0 run to extend their lead to 41-27. The Badgers clawed back and fought, keeping the West Florida lead to 50-38 going into the fourth quarter. Despite matching UWF in scoring in the fourth quarter (21-21), SHC would fall 71-59 in its home opener.

In her collegiate debut, freshman guard Kellyn Hunter recorded a team-leading double-double, featuring 17 points and a game-leading 10 rebounds. West Florida’s Brooke Kane led the game in scoring with 18 points.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 15
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
West Florida 71, Spring Hill 59
Records: West Florida (2-1, 0-0 GSC), Spring Hill (0-1, 0-0 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will host Eckerd in a weekend non-conference game on Saturday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com