Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Fall to Eagles on the Road

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team fell 83-73 to Embry-Riddle in Monday night’s non-conference game at the ICI Center.

The Badgers scored 12 of the game’s first 21 points before the Eagles strung together a 7-0 run and take a 16-12 lead about halfway through the first half. The teams fought, not allowing more than five points in a run from one another, but ERU pulled away with a 45-39 lead over SHC at halftime.

Embry-Riddle continued to extend its lead to start the second half. Timothy Reilly scored six of Spring Hill’s first seven points in the opening minutes. In the end, the Eagles would come away with the 83-73 victory in the Badger’s last game of their season-opening Florida road trip.

Reilly led the Badgers with 17 points and six rebounds. Bo Barber led the team in assists, dishing out five during the game. SHC shot 8-of-21 from beyond the arc and held a 46.6 (27-58) percentage from the floor.

Embry-Riddle’s Cameron Shockley-Oke led the game in scoring with 21 points. Danny Sully led the game while recording a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds.

Game Details
Date: Nov. 13
Time: 6 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): ICI Center (Daytona Beach, Fla.)

Results
Embry-Riddle 83, Spring Hill 73
Records: Embry-Riddle (2-1, 0-0 SSC) Spring Hill (1-2, 0-0 SIAC)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“We really battled hard despite our injuries. This is the best we have played against such a good team, so well coached and such a classy program. Their vets really stepped up and hit some tough shots for them. Tim Reilly continues to take his game to another level and we are so proud of his growth as a player. I like where we are going and our competitive fire. We got through the crucible of this Florida trip and we cannot wait for the upcoming games.”

Up Next
The Badgers will host regional foe West Florida in its home opener on Saturday.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com