Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Five-Peat: Badgers Top Tigers for Fifth Consecutive SIAC Title

The Spring Hill College volleyball team defeated No. 1E Edward Waters (21-25, 25-23, 25-20, 25-13) in the championship match of the 2023 Cricket SIAC Women’s Volleyball Tournament at the Tsunami Center on Friday night.

The Badgers captured their fifth-straight SIAC title while hitting .257 to the Tigers’ .132. Spring Hill led in kills (57-50), blocks (14-3), assists (51-48), digs (70-66) and points (73-63).

Airyonna Weaver led the match with 18 digs while Jaylyne Bell led with eight blocks. The Badger offense was led by Jessica Fairly with 32 assists and Bell with 13 kills. Kristen Mitternight and Weaver both tallied a service ace.

Following the match, Mia Saavedra, Weaver and Bell were all named to the SIAC All-Tournament Team.

Match Details
Date: Nov. 10
Time: 8 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Tsunami Center (Jonesboro, Ga.)

Results
Spring Hill 3, Edward Waters 1
Records: Spring Hill (30-4, 19-0 SIAC), Edward Waters (22-7, 16-2 SIAC)

Up Next
The NCAA DII Volleyball Selection Show is scheduled for Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. on NCAA.com.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill volleyball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvolleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com