Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Earn No. 1 West Seed in SIAC Tournament

The Spring Hill College volleyball team earned the No. 1 West seed in the 2023 Cricket SIAC Women’s Volleyball Championship, which is set to start Thursday.

Spring Hill earned the No. 1 seed in the west division after going undefeated in SIAC play (19-0) for the seventh consecutive season. The Badgers will face the No. 4 seed in the east division, Benedict, in the opening round of the SIAC Championship on Thursday at 1 p.m. (EST).

The tournament will take place in Tsunami Center in Jonesboro, Ga., and culminate in the championship match on Friday at 7 p.m. (EST). Admission is free and live streams of the matches will be available on the SIAC YouTube page (youtube.com/@SIACSPORTS/streams).

ABOUT THE SOUTHERN INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETIC CONFERENCE (SIAC)
The SIAC is a NCAA athletic conference consisting primarily of historically black colleges and universities with headquarters in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The SIAC includes 15 member institutions (Albany State University, Allen University, Benedict College, Central State University, Clark Atlanta University, Edward Waters University, Fort Valley State University, Kentucky State University, Lane College, LeMoyne-Owen College, Miles College, Morehouse College, Savannah State University, Spring Hill College, and Tuskegee University), which are located within a contiguous seven-state footprint (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee and Ohio). The SIAC sponsors seven men’s and six women’s sports and is a proud member of the NCAA Division II. For more information, visit www.thesiac.com.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill volleyball, follow the Badgers on social media @shc_volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvolleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com