$0
$1500

Preseason Q&A – Head Coach Craig Kennedy

Spring Hill College men’s basketball Head Coach Craig Kennedy sat down for a preseason Q&A ahead of his sixth season leading the Badger program.

How has preseason practice been going?
“It’s been really really good. The energy has been really really good. The level of competitiveness has probably been the highest we’ve had since I’ve been here, so it’s gone really really well.”

Who has been emerging as a team leader?
“That’s a really good question. Steven Lyles, who’s always been such a steady guy. Steven and Bo Barber have really stepped up. Isaiah Veal has been really solid, so have Collin Coates and Eli Lenihan. We really have a consortium of guys who have stepped forward in the leadership [role] and put more demands on their teammates.”

What are some team goals heading into the season?
“Our goal is to be the best we can be every practice, every day we have a team pledge that we read and we commit to give our best every day and give our best to our teammates. At the end of the year, our goal is to be the first Spring Hill [men’s basketball] team in the NCAA Tournament.”

Do you see the goals pushing the team?
“I think it means a lot to them to get there. I hope that it is a focus every day, we’re trying to get to that point. It drives them and their work ethic every day and it’s a big goal, but it’s attainable.”

For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @shchoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com