$0
$1500

Spring Hill College Mourns the Loss of Music Legend

The music world was deeply saddened on September 1, 2023, following the passing of 76-year-old iconic singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. The announcement came through a statement posted on Buffett’s official website and social media, revealing that the legendary musician had peacefully departed, surrounded by family, friends, music, and his cherished dogs.

His profound contributions to the musical landscape and enduring spirit will undoubtedly resonate for generations. Our deepest condolences go out to his wife of 46 years, Jane, and their children, Savannah, Sarah, and Cameron.

Jimmy Buffett’s Connection to Spring Hill College

Jimmy Buffett, celebrated for his iconic music career and signature island vibes, holds a profound and lasting connection to Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama.

Buffett’s association with Spring Hill College dates back to the 1960s when he found love during his college years while dating his first wife, Margie, who is now a Spring Hill alumnae. The two were married at St. Joseph’s Chapel on Spring Hill’s campus in 1969.

Jimmy Buffett’s time on the Gulf Coast played an instrumental role in shaping his early life and his acclaimed musical career. The memories and experiences he accumulated during those formative years left an unfading mark, influencing his signature style and the laid-back, tropical ambiance that characterizes his music.