Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Shutout Hawks

The Spring Hill College women’s soccer team shut out Gulf South Conference foe Shorter 5-0 at Library Field on Sunday.

Poppy Binding opened scoring in the 12th minute of play with her seventh goal of the season assisted by Madison Hitzman. Cameryn Morris was assisted by Hitzman in the 17th minute for her third goal of the season, which pushed the Badgers ahead 2-0. Jessica Droghini found Hannah Fromme in the 30th minute for the third unanswered goal of the game. Droghini also assisted Ryann Brooks in getting her first goal of the season and extending the SHC lead to 4-0.

Ashlyn Johnson scored the only goal in the second half, solidifying the 5-0 shutout victory for Spring Hill. The Badgers were awarded a season-high 12 corner kicks to the Hawks’ four.

Match Details
Date: Oct. 1
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Library Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 5, Shorter 0
Records: Spring Hill (5-5-0, 2-3-0 GSC), Shorter (1-9-0, 0-6-0 GSC)

Up Next
Spring Hill will travel to Montgomery, Ala., for a GSC match against AUM.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s soccer, follow the Badgers on social media @badger_soccer (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbadger_soccer (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com