$0
$1500

Badger Women Place 11th; Three Men Set Personal Records at Alexander Asics/Invitational

The Spring Hill College women’s cross country team placed 11th out of 17 teams while three men’s runners set personal records at the Alexander/Asics Invitational on Saturday.

The women’s team finished ahead of Gulf South Conference member West Alabama and Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference foes Clark Atlanta, Fort Valley State and Miles. The field of teams also included Division I members Georgia State and Georgia Southern.

Freshman runner Evelyn Hererra finished the 5k in 26th with a personal-best time of 19:52.09. Ava Courtney placed 67th, while Claire Morgan placed 73rd. Cassidy Dilks took 83rd overall. Abbygail Kinlock knocked three minutes off her 5k time after finishing in 37:22.4.

In the men’s 8k race, Myles Cook led the Badgers in 42nd with a time of 27:57.98. Thomas Monier ran a personal-best 28:11.4 and finished 47th overall. Mohammed Shahrouj took a minute off of his personal-best 8k time after finishing in 31 minutes, 20 seconds in 83rd. Freshman Baylor Barrett made his collegiate debut in the 8k.

Meet Information
Alexander/ASICS Invitational

Date: Sept. 30
Venue (Location): Chattahoochee Hills Eventing (Fairburn, Ga.)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig McVey
On the meet
“We made progress again today. We’ve still got people under the weather, but we’re racing hard. We had a lot of good things today to use on a learning curve on the way to our conference meet. We need to make our own luck, be 100% and we’ll begin to be who we are at a whole different level. I’m really proud of our effort today, times and places happen because of good, smart, hard racing and we’re getting there on all three scales. Evelyn had just another great day this by far was her best of the season.  She’s going to keep getting better this Fall and is ready to make some big jumps in performance! Back to work our conference meet is October 20th.”

Up Next

Spring Hill will compete in the UAH Chargers Invitational on Oct. 7.

BACK THE BADGERS
Join the team that supports the teams by Backing the Badgers today. Your generosity helps our student-athletes who seek more and achieve more. Give at shc.edu/backthebadgers

For complete coverage of Spring Hill cross country, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_XC (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com