$0
$1500

Hererra Leads Badgers at Cowboy Stampede

Freshman runner Evelyn Hererra led the Spring Hill College women’s cross country team in 20thplace at the Lake Charles Toyota McNeese Cowboy Stampede on Saturday.

The Badgers competed in a strong field that featured Division I McNeese State, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Texas Southern, Southern and Prairie View A&M. Spring Hill finished with 211 points in the nine-team contest.

Hererra clocked a career-best 19:58.7 and finished 20th overall. Ava Courtney broke her personal record in 47th place with a time of 22:59.0. Claire Morgan stopped the clock at 24:03.3 in 55th place, followed by Cassidy Dilks in 60th with a time of 24:57.7. Abbygail Kinlock placed 63rd overall and finished in 40:01.3.

Meet Details
Date: Sept. 23
Host: McNeese State
Venue (Location): Derbonne Multisports Complex (Lake Charles, La.)

They Said It – Head Coach Craig McVey
On the meet
“Our women’s team had a solid day in a tough meet. Evelyn had a great day and ran an all-time personal best. She’s going to get better every time out. Ava is starting to find out what she can do. She’s going to go a lot faster, but I’m pleased with her effort today. We’re going back to work as we keep preparing for our conference meet on October 20th.”

Up Next
Spring Hill will compete in the Alexander/Asics Invitational on Saturday.

BACK THE BADGERS
Join the team that supports the teams by Backing the Badgers today. Your generosity helps our student-athletes who seek more and achieve more. Give at shc.edu/backthebadgers

For complete coverage of Spring Hill cross country, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_XC (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shc_crosscountry (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com