$0
$1500

Spring Hill Volleyball Opens SIAC Play With Trio of Sweeps

The Spring Hill College volleyball team opened the SIAC Crossover 3-0, sweeping Allen (25-12, 25-11, 25-9), Clark Atlanta (25-12, 25-18, 25-9) and Savannah State (25-13, 25-18, 25-14) at the HPER Gym on Friday.

The Badgers swept the Yellow Jackets in straight sets to start the day. Spring Hill tallied 43 kills to Allen’s 20. SHC hit .409 while holding Allen to .068. Jaylyne Bell led the match with 11 kills, while Jessica Fairly led with 20 assists. Kristen Mitternight led the match in digs with 11. Fairly and Haile Hallmon both recorded a pair of service aces.

In their second match of the day, the Badgers swept the Panthers in straight sets and moved to 2-0 in conference play. SHC recorded 36 kills while holding CAU to 19. Spring Hill had an outstanding match hitting .310 and keeping Clark Atlanta at -.089. Brooke Borgmeyer led the match with 10 kills and Mia Saavedra led with 11 assists. Saavedra also led the match on the defensive side with 10 digs.

Spring Hill finished the opening day of SIAC play with a clean sweep over Savannah State. SHC collected 54 points and 44 kills, while SSU only picked up 30 points and 24 kills. Borgmeyer led the offense again with 14 kills. Fairly led again with 18 assists while Mikayla Boyer led with 12 digs.

Match Details
Date: Sept. 22
Venue (Location): HPER Gym (Atlanta, Ga.)

Results
Spring Hill 3, Allen 0
Records: Spring Hill (9-3, 1-0 SIAC), Allen (4-5,0-5 SIAC)

Spring Hill 3, Clark Atlanta 0
Records: Spring Hill (10-3, 2-0 SIAC), Clark Atlanta (3-5, 1-2 SIAC)

Spring Hill 3, Savannah State 0
Records: Spring Hill (11-3, 3-0 SIAC), Savannah State (4-4, 2-4 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will finish their weekend at the SIAC Crossover against Benedict and Fort Valley State on Saturday.

BACK THE BADGERS
Join the team that supports the teams by Backing the Badgers today. Your generosity helps our student-athletes who seek more and achieve more. Give at shc.edu/backthebadgers

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s soccer, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvolleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com