$0
$1500

Badger Volleyball Upsets Nationally-Ranked Mustangs and Sweeps Bison

The Spring Hill College volleyball team began its season undefeated after upsetting (#11) Southwest Minnesota State, 3-1, and sweeping (RV) Oklahoma Baptist 3-0 at the Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center on Friday.

The win over Southwest Minnesota State marked the first top-25 win for the program in the NCAA era. Spring Hill started off hot during day two of the SpringHill Suites Invitational. The Badger offense was led by Lily Mascariwith 11 kills and Jessica Fairly with 18 assists. On the defensive side, Mikayla Boyer led the team with 23 digs and Jaylyne Bell led with nine blocks en route to the 3-1 upset victory over the 11th-ranked Mustangs.

SHC came back later in the day to sweep Oklahoma Baptist 3-0 while being led by Airyonna Weaver with 10 kills, Fairly with 17 assists, Boyer with 22 digs and freshman Hayley Hillman with four blocks in her second collegiate match. Hillman and fellow freshman Mia Saavedra both started in their collegiate debuts.

Match Details
Date: Sept. 1
Time: 1 p.m. / 5 p.m.
Venue (Location): Arthur R. Outlaw Recreation Center (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 3, #11 Southwest Minnesota State 1
Records: Spring Hill (1-0, 0-0 SIAC), Southwest Minnesota State (1-1, 0-0 NSIC)

Spring Hill 3, (RV) Oklahoma Baptist 0
Records: Spring Hill (2-0, 0-0 SIAC), Oklahoma Baptist (0-2, 0-0 GAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will finish up at the SpringHill Suites Invitational in Pensacola, Fla., on Saturday against Mississippi College at 7 p.m.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill volleyball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Volleyball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcvolleyball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com