$0
$1500

GSC Preseason Poll Released; Two Badgers Named to Newcomer Watchlist

The Gulf South Conference released its Women’s Soccer Preseason Coaches Poll, led by Mississippi College, and announced that Spring Hill College’s Poppy Binding and Cameryn Morris were both named to the Newcomer Watchlist.

The Choctaws led off the preseason coaches poll as defending champions with 159 points and four first-place votes. Despite having three more first-place votes, West Florida came in second with just 153 points, followed by Lee with 144 points and a single first-place vote.

Montevallo, West Georgia, West Alabama, Delta State, Valdosta State, Christian Brothers and Alabama Huntsville took the fourth through 10th spots, respectively. Auburn Montgomery sat just outside of the top 10 in 11th. Union placed 12th, followed by Spring Hill and Shorter.

Binding, a junior forward out of Hornchurch, England and freshman forward Morris from Lithia Springs, Ga., were both named to the GSC Women’s Soccer Newcomer Watchlist. Eight Badgers have represented the program on the list since 2016.

For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s soccer, follow the Badgers on social media @badger_soccer (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbadger_soccer (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com