$0
$1500

Volleyball Player Named Preseason Player of the Year, Badgers Projected to Win Division

Spring Hill College volleyball libero Mikayla Boyer was named Southern Intercollegiate Defensive Player of the Year, the conference announced August 11. Spring Hill was also picked by the league coaches to win the SIAC West Division.

Boyer was also named to the Preseason All-SIAC first team and is joined by Airyonna Weaver. Setter Jessica Fairly was named to the second team.

Boyer earned the Preseason Defensive Player of the Year honor for the second year in a row. This is the fifth time that SHC has been recognized for the award. The 2022 SIAC Libero of the Year and First-Team All-Conference selection surpassed 1,000 career digs (1,424) and tallied a league-leading 586 digs on the court last year. The Louisiana native was also recognized on the College Sports Communicators Academic All-District Team in 2022.

Weaver made her debut on the Preseason First Team this year after earning SIAC All-Tournament and Second-Team Preseason All-SIAC honors last year. The Mobile native tallied 356 points and 304 kills in 116 sets played in 2022.

Fairly returns to the Preseason Second Team for the second straight year after landing a spot on the All-SIAC Second Team last season. The setter out of Florida surpassed 1,000 career assists (1,878) and led the league with 1,129 season assists, the second most in program history. She was also recognized as SIAC Setter of the Week on two occasions (9/13, 10/18).

2023 Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Women’s Volleyball Preseason Awards
Preseason Offensive Player of the Year
Fatima Ramirez, Edward Waters – Sophomore, Outside Hitter (Belmopan, Belize)

Preseason Defensive Player of the Year
Mikayla Boyer, Spring Hill – Graduate, Libero (Covington, La.)