Cao-Nguyen Named Associate VP, Chief Diversity Officer

Dr.+Vannee+Cao-Nguyen%2C+EdD%2C+Associate+Vice+President+for+Culture+and+Community+and+Chief+Diversity+Officer.+

SHC Marketing and Communications

Dr. Vannee Cao-Nguyen, EdD, Associate Vice President for Culture and Community and Chief Diversity Officer.

Vannee Cao-Nguyen, EdD, has been named Associate Vice President for Culture and Community and Chief Diversity Officer for SHC.

This is a new role focused on enhancing the SHC community through implementing new organizational strategies and refining current processes to enhance the experiences of faculty, staff, and students.

“A more diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment creates a richer experience for our entire community,” said Cao-Nguyen. “I’m excited for the opportunity to serve in this role and look forward to collaborating with members of our community to shape a holistic vision and develop strategies that help us live out our Jesuit, Catholic tradition in ways that elevate the sense of belonging for every student, staff, and faculty.”

Cao-Nguyen brings sixteen years of experience at the University of West Florida with oversight of many areas including Equal Opportunity, Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Prevention, Diversity Programs, ADA/Accessibility Resources, Ombuds Services, TRiO Student Support Services, and most recently, Associate Vice President/Deputy Chief Diversity Officer.

“One of my top priorities upon arrival at Spring Hill was to hire a Chief Diversity Officer, ” said Mary H. Van Brunt, PhD, President of Spring Hill College. “This role is an important part of our mission to care for the whole person by fully serving our students, faculty, and staff. After an extensive search, we are excited to welcome Dr. Cao-Nguyen, an experienced, compassionate leader who we look forward to working with on The Hill.”

Some of Dr. Cao-Nguyen’s responsibilities will include:

• Developing a long-term diversity and inclusion plan for the College and establishing goals and metrics to broaden perspectives around DEI
  • Coordinating and advising on activities, programs, and services across campus to develop, integrate and articulate the College’s commitment to a more diverse and inclusive community
  • Providing strategic leadership for areas related to campus culture and community; we want to ensure every member of the SHC community benefits from a supportive, inclusive, and safe learning and working environment.

Cao-Nguyen has a background in Psychology, Counseling, and Diversity Studies. After spending eight years as a mental health counselor, Cao-Nguyen moved into higher education. She holds a BA in Psychology from the University of West Florida, an MS in Counseling and Psychology from Troy University, and an EdD in Curriculum and Diversity Studies from the University of West Florida.