Changes Coming to Food Plans

Katy Rasp

New plans for student meals start this fall.

Incoming freshman have a new meal plan assigned to them, while returning students and commuter students have new meal plan options.

Officials from ResLife notified students in an email sent out June 28.

According to officials, meal plans have been assigned based on housing styles and class status.

The first meal plan option is “All Access/Unlimited” with a $100 Badger Bucks declining balance.  This plan is for all access  to the cafeteria during dining hours seven days a week with one swipe per meal period). This meal plan also includes one meal equivalency at McKinney’s on the Hill, one per meal period including a late-night snack period.

The cost of the “all access/unlimited” plan is $2892 per semester.

According to ResLife policy, all incoming Freshmen are assigned the All Access/Unlimited meal plan.

The second meal plan option for students living on campus is “Apartment 12/week”  with a $300 Badger Bucks declining balance. The apartment plan is open to all upper-class students and includes 12 meals per week in the cafeteria. This meal plan also includes one meal equivalency at McKinney’s on the Hill, one per meal period including a late-night snack period.

The cost of the “apartment 12/week” plan is $2790 per semester.

All returning students can have either an “All Access/Unlimited” or “Apartment” meal plan.

The first meal plan option for commuting students is the “Commuter 5 plan” with a $100 Badger Bucks declining balance. Any approved commuter-status student can choose this plan for 80 meals per semester. This meal plan also includes one meal equivalency at McKinney’s on the Hill, one per meal period including a late-night snack period.

The cost of the “Commuter 5 plan” option is $760 per semester.

The second commuter student meal plan option is the “Commuter $100 Badger Bucks” with $100 Badger Bucks per semester declining balance.

According to officials, all commuter students will be required to have a Commuter Badger Bucks meal plan.

The cost of the this option is $100 per semester.

Students who want to change their meal plan should email [email protected] with the request.