$0
$1500

Intramurals Are a Great Way to Get Involved

Player+blocks+a+shot+in+an+intramural+basketball+game.+
Bonnie Pavelonis
Player blocks a shot in an intramural basketball game.

The students of Spring Hill College should be jumping on the opportunity to get involved with campus life while playing intramural sports. 

Spring Hill is now offering flag football, spikeball, bowling, sand volleyball, and dodgeball this intramural season. This allows students who either do not participate in sports or who are in their off season to compete with other students in a friendly environment. Students can either make a team with their own sorority or fraternities, their classmates, or even sign up to play on a randomized team.

Spring Hill’s website states their intentions for hosting intramurals on campus, “Intramural Sports are intended primarily to afford an opportunity for experimental learning through athletic participation for the entire Spring Hill College community. We serve to cultivate lifetime recreational skills, to integrate students socially in a sports setting, and to foster a spirit of sportsmanship and fair play among participants and spectators. Intramural Sports offer a variety of opportunities for individuals of all abilities.”

Intramurals also give students the option to participate in a sport they once played in high school, or one they may have never played at all.

Ashlyn Johnson, who plays for the women’s soccer team said, “I have always loved to participate in the intramural sports with my sorority because it gives me the chance to play and bond with the members of my chapter in games we might not usually get the chance to compete in. It also gives me the chance to participate in other sports during the soccer team’s off season, which makes me feel like I am still getting a good workout in, while also having fun.” 

Scott Woodard who has participated in intramurals the past three years said, “They have given me a chance to play competitive sports which is something I have always loved doing, as well as given me a chance to hang out with my friends.”

To register your team visit imleagues.com. For more information on signing up to play in an intramural team or to volunteer to referee email [email protected]