$0
$1500

Badgers Drop Midweek Road Game to West Florida

The Spring Hill College baseball team fell 7-2 to regional foe West Florida at Jim Spooner Field on Wednesday.

Toran Smith led Spring Hill (19-12, 14-4 SIAC) with two RBI on one hit in four at-bats. Seth Williams extended his reached base streak to a team-leading 21 games. Evan Langston (3-2) suffered the loss on the bump and gave up five runs on six hits while striking out four batters across 7.0 innings.

West Florida (19-10, 11-4 GSC), who received voted in the latest National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) National Poll, got on the board first in the opening frame with two runs scored. The Badgers responded when Smith knocked in two runs on an RBI single, tying the game at 2-2 in the top of the second inning.

The Argonauts put up five more runs throughout the remainder of the game. Spring Hill was unable to bring anymore runs across the plate and took the 7-2 loss on the road.

Game Details
Date: March 27
Time: 6 p.m.
Venue (Location): Jim Spooner Field (Pensacola, Fla.)

Results
(RV) West Florida 7, Spring Hill 2
Records: West Florida (19-10, 11-4 GSC), Spring Hill (19-12, 14-4 SIAC)

Up Next
SHC will stay on the road and begin a three-game conference series against Lane on Friday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com