$0
$1500

Spring Hill Swept by Albany State in Doubleheader

The Spring Hill College baseball team dropped both games of the SIAC doubleheader against Albany State at the ASU West Campus Baseball Field on Saturday.

Parker Serio led the Badgers (16-10, 11-3 SIAC) in the first game of the series with a home run, two RBI and one run on two hits in four at-bats. Jack Taylor also homered during the series opener while Nick Hunter, Seth Williams and Toran Smith hit doubles.

Spring Hill opened scoring to start the series off with Serio’s home run and Williams’ double in the top of the third inning. Albany State (15-7, 12-2 SIAC) responded and took at 5-2 lead through the bottom of th fifth inning.

Taylor broke up the Golden Rams’ scoring run with a home run to left field in the sixth, followed by a RBI single from Serio. Jackson Bell tied the game at 5-5 by bringing home a run on an error by the ASU third baseman.

Albany State walked off the game in the bottom of the ninth with a RBI single and gave SHC its first conference loss of the season, 6-5.

Evan Langston (2-1) suffered the loss after coming in relief and giving up a single run on four hits in 2.1 innings.

Jackson Bell paced Spring Hill in the second game of the doubleheader while going 2-for-4 with three RBI, one run scored and a home run. Taylor tallied a double and Bryce Anderson stole two bags during the game.

Bell started things off for the Badgers in game two with a three-run homer to center field. The Golden Rams piled on nine runs through the fifth inning in response.

Spring Hill started to rally in the sixth with three runs, but another run scored by ASU in the bottom half of the inning sealed the 10-6 loss for SHC.

Michael Racobaldo (2-2) took the loss on the mound after giving up five runs (three earned) on three hits and striking out three batters.

Game Details
Date: March 16
Time: 1 / 4 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): ASU West Campus Baseball Field (Albany, Ga.)

Results
Albany State 6, Spring Hill 5

Albany State 10, Spring Hill 6
Records: Albany State (15-7, 12-2 SIAC), Spring Hill (16-10, 11-3 SIAC)

Up Next
Game three of the Albany State series is set for Sunday at 11 a.m. (EST).

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com