$0
$1500

Spring Hill Finishes SIAC Crossover Undefeated

The Spring Hill College softball team defeated Benedict, 9-1, and Albany State, 6-4, during the final day of the SIAC Crossover at the Hoover Met on Thursday.

Meadow Villar paced Spring Hill (11-11, 10-0 SIAC) at the plate against Benedict (4-17, 2-7 SIAC) with four RBI and two runs on two hits in three plate appearances. Villar doubled twice and stole a base along with Rycca Hinton and Lindsey Mecom.

The Badgers opened scoring in the bottom of the first inning with an RBI walk before stacking on six unanswered runs in the fourth. The Tigers responded with a single run of their own in the top of the fifth inning.

One of Villar’s two doubles sealed the victory after bringing home two more runs for SHC in the sixth. The game ended on a run rule in the sixth inning with Spring Hill taking the 9-1 win.

Alexandra Ballester (1-0) earned her first win of the season on the mound after striking out nine batters and scattering five hits and the lone run from Benedict over 6.0 innings.

SHC kept rolling into its final game of the crossover against Albany State (18-10, 9-5 SIAC). The Badgers were led by Amanda Glowacki, who went 2-for-3 with two RBI and one run scored.

Spring Hill got on the board first in the opening frame and scored two more unanswered runs through the fifth inning to go up 3-0. The Golden Rams responded with a four-run inning in the sixth and took a 4-3 lead.

Kayla Coley-Drayton tied the game at 4-4 in the top of the seventh to start the Badger rally. Glowacki and Villar both doubled in the eighth inning to give SHC the edge it needed to defeat ASU and stay undefeated (10-0) in conference play.

Emily Phillips (5-1) tossed a complete game in the extra-inning victory. She sat down six batters and gave up four runs, three of which were earned, on five hits through 8.0 innings.

Game Details
SIAC Crossover
Date: March 14
Venue (Location): Hoover Met (Hoover, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 9, Benedict (6 Inn.)
Records: Spring Hill (10-11, 9-0 SIAC), Benedict (4-17, 2-7 SIAC)

Spring Hill 6, Albany State 4 (8 Inn.)
Records: Spring Hill (11-11, 10-0 SIAC), Albany State (18-10, 9-5 SIAC)

Up Next
Spring Hill will return to Murray Field to host No. 8 Mississippi College in a doubleheader on Wednesday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill softball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCSoftball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shc_softball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com