Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Spring Hill Sweeps Series Against Benedict

The Spring Hill College baseball team defeated Benedict, 19-7, in seven innings and completed a three-game conference sweep at Sims-Galle Field on Monday.

John Mahoney paced the Badgers (15-8, 11-1 SIAC) while going 4-for-5 with four RBI and a run scored.

Seth Williams opened scoring with a RBI groundout in the opening frame. The Tigers (7-7, 6-6 SIAC) responded and took a 3-1 lead in the second inning.

Spring Hill tied the game with two more runs in its half of the second inning. Benedict was able to regain a 4-3 lead in the third inning with a RBI single to left field.

SHC answered again with a staggering 16-1 run through the fifth inning that included a home run by Jack Taylor into left field. Taylor homered for the second game in a row.

The Tigers tried to develop a late comeback with two runs in the seventh inning, but were too overcome by the Badgers. Spring Hill run ruled its conference foe 19-7 in seven innings and completed the conference series sweep to maintain its spot atop the SIAC rankings.

Harun Pelja (3-0) remains undefeated on the season after striking out five batters and giving up five runs in 4.0 innings.

Game Details
Date: March 11
Time: 1 p.m.
Venue (Location): Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 19, Benedict 7
Records: Spring Hill (15-8, 11-1 SIAC), Benedict (7-7, 6-6 SIAC)

Up Next
Spring Hill will travel to face Montevallo in a non-conference midweek game on Tuesday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com