Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Sweep Golden Tigers in SIAC Series

The Spring Hill College softball team completed the conference series sweep against Tuskegee with a 9-3 win at the TU Softball Field on Sunday.

Bailey Cox went 2-for-5, brought a run home and paced the Badgers (4-11, 3-0 SIAC). Meadow Villar had a perfect day (2-2) at the plate and scored a run. Macy Holtalso contributed heavily with 4 RBI and two runs scored on one hit in four at-bats.

Spring Hill opened scoring with five unanswered runs through the fourth inning. Two of those first four came from Holt.

Tuskegee (8-16, 0-3 SIAC) got on the board in the fifth inning and continued their answer into the sixth with a two-run home run to make it a 5-3 game.

SHC piled on four more runs in the seventh inning and solidified its 9-3 win over the Golden Tigers that completed the series sweep.

Emma Curry (2-2) earned the victory while striking out six batters and scattering three hits and three runs (two earned) across 6.1 innings.

Game Details
Date: March 10
Time: 1 p.m.
Venue (Location): TU Softball Field (Tuskegee, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 9, Tuskegee 3
Records: Spring Hill (4-11, 3-0 SIAC), Tuskegee (8-16, 0-3 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will head to Hoover, Ala., on Tuesday to play in the SIAC Crossover.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill softball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCSoftball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shc_softball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com