$0
$1500

Spring Hill Splits Doubleheader with AUM

The Spring Hill College baseball team split a mid-week doubleheader with Auburn Montgomery at Sims-Galle Field on Wednesday.

Nick Hunter went 2-for-5 and crossed the plate once while pacing the Badgers at the plate. Seth Williams had an impactful day, going 3-for-8 while driving in two runs. Eli Benoit drove in two runs of his own during the second game, including the game-winner.

The Warhawks (11-10, 6-3 GSC) flew ahead in the first game, scoring nine runs through five innings before the Badgers (12-8, 8-1 SIAC) answered with two runs of their own.  Auburn Montgomery held on to defeat Spring Hill 9-2 in the first game.

SHC fell behind early in game two when AUM opened scoring and went up 5-0 through the second inning. Heads-up base running by Hunter put the Badgers on the board in the third inning when he scored on a wild pitch. Auburn Montgomery scored its final runs of the second game on a two-run home run to left center field in the sixth.

Spring Hill strung together a 7-0 run over the next two innings that was highlighted by Benoit’s walk-off hit that brought Toran Smith home and sealed the 8-7 victory over Auburn Montgomery. The Badgers split the series with the Warhawks, who were ranked 10th in the latest NCBWA South Region Poll.

Game Details
Date: March 6
Time: 3/5:30 p.m.
Venue (Location): Historic Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Auburn Montgomery 9, Spring Hill 2

Spring Hill 8, Auburn Montgomery 7
Records: Spring Hill (12-8, 8-1 SIAC), Auburn Montgomery (11-10, 6-3 GSC)

Up Next
The Badgers will host Benedict in a three-game conference series starting on Saturday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_Baseball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com