$0
$1500

Nastasi Breaks Men 100M School Record

At the Mississippi College Spring Cleaning event, the Spring Hill College track and field team delivered remarkable performances, with Grant Nastasi’s achievement of breaking his own school record in the men’s 100m taking center stage.

Nastasi, a sophomore, shattered his previous school record (11.01) with an impressive time of 10.85 and secured the seventh spot in the men’s 100m.

Theo Hubbard had his collegiate debut and finished sixth in the men’s 110m Hurdles, clocking in at 16.18. Similarly, Evelyn Hererra made her collegiate debut, securing eighth place in the women’s 1500m with a time of 5:11.80.

In his collegiate debut, Mikeil Heard secured sixth place in the men’s Discus Throw with a mark of 39.21m. Sanai Stringer also made her collegiate debut, placing seventh overall in the women’s Javelin Throw with a mark of 26.82m. Ethan Elliott debuted in the men’s Shot Put, clinching fifth place with a mark of 14.09m.

Devin Singletary, Christian Glover, Qualik Harry, Cameryn Morris, Luke Mipro, Feron Hield, Evonique Miah and Latina Hall all made their collegiate debuts in Saturday’s meet.

Meet Information
Event: Mississippi College Spring Cleaning
Date: March 2
Host: Mississippi College
Site (Location):  James E. Parkman Track (Clinton, Miss.)

Men’s/Women’s Field Notes
– Heard finished in sixth place in the men’s Discus Throw with a mark of 39.21m.
Ridge Chautin placed eight in the men’s Pole Vault with a mark of 2.70m.
Quincy Curley finished fifth in the men’s Triple Jump with a mark of 12.39m.
– Stringer placed seventh in the women’s Javelin Throw with a mark of 26.82m.
Abigail Remick finished sixth in the women’s Pole Vault with a mark of 2.50m.

Men’s/Women’s Running notes
– Nastasi placed seventh in the men’s 100m with a record time of 10.85.
– Hubbard finished sixth in the men’s 110m Hurdles with a time of 16.18.
– Hererra placed eighth in the women’s 1500m with a time of 5:11.80.

They Said It
Head Coach Craig McVey
On the meet
“Both of our teams got off to great starts on Saturday at Miss. College. This was probably one of the top two or three first meets of the season we’ve had since our track and field program began in 2013.”
“We had every event discipline get off to great starts. We had one school record in the men’s 100m. Overall, we had 24 personal bests with 23 of those being top ten performances in program history. Literally, the day started with cool, overcast weather but, our great day started way before the weather cleared and became a great day for track and field.”

“First meets are first meets but, what a great first meet! Everyone has a huge learning curve to use to get better as we go back to practice.”

Up Next
The Badgers will compete in the South Alabama Invitational on March 15–16.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill track and field, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCTRACK_FIELD (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @SHCTRACK_FIELD (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com