$0
$1500

Pair of Badgers Earn SIAC Basketball Awards

Spring Hill College women’s basketball student-athletes Marta Duda and Kellyn Hunter both earned a SIAC Basketball Superlative while Duda also landed a spot on the all-conference team, the league announced Friday.

Duda was named the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Newcomer of the Year after an amazing breakout season that was highlighted by her nine double-double performances. The nine double-doubles rank second in the conference. The award is the first SIAC Newcomer of the Year accolade in program history.

The Torun, Poland native ranked in the top-5 in the SIAC in multiple categories; including blocks per game, shooting percentage, field goals, points per game, rebounds, defensive rebounds per game and total rebounds per game. She led the Badgers to most of their victories this season.

On top of her individual award, Duda also earned a spot on the all-conference second team. She was named the SIAC Newcomer of the Week in November and Player of the Week in December.

Duda led the team in scoring with 125 baskets made and 86 free throws while averaging 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 200 total rebounds, 152 of those being defensive.

Hunter was named the conference Freshman of the Year after leading all freshman in the league in scoring. She led her team with 29 3-pointers made and 80 assists on the season.

The Mobile native earned the first Freshman of the Year award for the program since 2017. Duda’s all-conference selection marks the second year in a row that the Badgers have had a player named to the team.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com